Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Looking in the Mirror

I know you've done it. You stop and take a long look in the mirror and you notice another line or gray hair and you wonder, "Who is this person looking back at me?" And then you realize - it's you! Truth is we're all physically affected by the continuum of time. You just can't stop it.

But what makes us unique to all other creatures is that there is another equally significant dimension we experience. A timeless inner existence where who we are never changes. We think with those thoughts, we live with that heart, and we look at life through those eyes. So it's no wonder we get that sudden jolt when we see something contrary in the mirror.

After college I moved back home for a short while. I told my Mom I wasn't too certain about the whole "adult" thing. My observations of adults hadn't led me to believe it had many redeeming qualities. I'll never forget what she said, "Kris, you can be a kid as long as you like . . . just don't be childish". I had to say she had me there. Who knew you had a choice?! And you know what? It turned out to be the best advice I was ever given.

So here's to the kid I'll always be no matter how old I get . . . now put down that silly mirror and let's go have us some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment