Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trust the Universe

I think it's normal to feel at a loss sometimes because let's face it, none of us has gotten this far before. Every step is a new one. Maybe I can take your advice or maybe you can take mine and we can help each other, but none of us has it figured out. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I like the freshness everyday presents. Even small victories are joyous and bigger ones are out right amazing because we really don't know what we're doing most of the time. I used to think being an adult meant you knew how it all worked. You spent your life learning the math until you finally got it right, but the truth is I was never good at math so it was going to be tricky from the start. At any rate, after all this time, here's what I've come up with. There is no right way to be your adult self. It's an evolving thing. A moving target. Over time you get comfortable with who you are and do your best to express that in your actions. The only time I've ever gotten in trouble is when I try to be something I'm not. Otherwise don't be afraid. Chances are you won't mess it up. Trust the universe and just put one foot in front of the other. There are tons of adventures to enjoy on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment