Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Way We See

Sometimes it's not things that need to change but the way we see them. When my twin sister (Kathie Whitesel) teaches art to children she'll have them hang upside down to do a drawing. The idea is you can't draw from memory when you're looking at something upside down. Things look totally different. In real life we tend to make assumptions. If we can take the time to challenge those assumptions and try to look at things differently we usually find ways to accept things we can't change. I heard the serenity prayer said like this once, "God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, courage to change the people I can, and the wisdom to know . . . it's me!" And you know what? There's a whole lot of wisdom in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment